Foil under braid tends to make noise into duplex systems! The two dissimilar metals against each other move slightly and noise is made.  Hardline also provides better isolation (another aid in preventing things such as PIM, desense, etc.).  Noise gets worse at closer split frequencies (ie - 600Kc split 2 meters, 500/1000Kc 6 meter)

Inside cabinets, the following are all great (depending on power out)  1/4" superflex, 1/2" superflex, RG214 (pref silver), RG142, RG400 (142 and 400 are very flexible), RG393 (RG8 sized stuff, looks like 142 or 400 though).  My 2 meter machine has all RG214 since the runs are short. My UHF machines all have short RG142 runs, except the high power output from the amps with 1/2" superflex or RG214. Duplexer to the polyphaser is 1/2" superflex on all UHF machines.

hope that answered the questions!

Scott Overstreet wrote:
OK guys ---I hear you all saying that hard line is better but none of you have said what is the actual problem with 9913 flex or LMR-400. In other words---What is wrong with a quality foil under braid "100%"shielded foam cable and I'm assuming use between receiver and  duplexer, transmitter and duplexer and duplexer and antenna?

 And then the next question that follows is that inside a cabinet full of stuff where 1/2 inch hard line is just to stiff -----what do you suggest ---and in this case assume that we are talking about three or four repeaters----yes, receivers, transmitters, isolators and duplexers all in the same rack cabinet?

Scott
N6NXI