Heard comments about the Maggiorie (probably mispelled) and such.  Just
yesterday I was at the KRXT tower in Rockdale Texas and lo and behold, a
VHF Engineering 2M repeater - still ticking on 147.28.  AF5C/R for the
last 20 some odd years.  Also, at my farm up in Gatesville, N5DDR/R on
146.96 still has the original Spectrum Communications with all the
pretty lights and press buttons on the air.  This is not to say they are
the greatest, but by the same token, they are not the trash they are
made out to be.  Of course our local ham club, the Temple ARC with W5LM
on 146.820 uses an Ericsson M3 with a TKR720 for backup.

De NU5D