I will have to agree with Dean on this one.  I took the DB-224 as it sat with the changed elements, old 150-160 harness, put the antenna up 60’ in the air, and it was out performed by 20 to 25 miles against a Diamond  XNH-510 Dual Band Antenna.  Impedance if I remember right was somewhere near the 80’s.  VSWR was right about 1.6:1.  And I agree with the mag mounts, the family thinks I am nuts for popping two holes right in the truck of my Cadillac.  When I get done with the car, for $11.00 a piece I’ll just leave the mounts and cut the coax.

Mathew

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 5:44 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: DB224 "Loop" Lengths for 145.110 Mhz?

Hello All,

Do not count on this info being right.

The top needs to be right from the

top of the mast support pipe to the

1st dipole and then center to center

on each after. If the support pipe is

not long enough get a longer one. They

come in different lengths one for 222

is shorter then one for 174 and one for

144 is longer then the support pile for

174. I have noted this in our warehouse

when they are side by side. Here at work

we take a DB-224 in band and tune it to

the frequency need  by the user and

everything on this antenna matters so

be mindful when you tune or covert one.

Matthew is correct after you change the

dipoles for Ham uses from the 150 range

you must change the harness to make it

play right. Oh it will work but not as well as

it could. Like someone said this morning on

the list. There are people who use mag mounts

and tell you how great they work. BIG GRIN!

Dean Westbrook, EE,PE

Cook Towers, INC.