When I converted my 224 to VHF amateur band, the element length went
from 35 inches (150mhz unit) to 37 inches (144mhz).  The spacing on
the elements was somewhat limited by the new harness length.  Had to
work with it a good bit to get somewhat equal spacing on the pole.
Had to lengthen the pole some also to get the clams down and away
from the elements.

I did  the double cut on both ends and inserted a smaller tube inside
the orginal.  Tig Welded them back 100%.  Been playing fine for 4
years.

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "kf0m" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>