I started off with the 2 G6-440 my self. It lasted about a year before
the SWR started flying thru the roof and the second about 7 months after
that.  Pattern was ok while it lasted. Go for DB products and save
yourself from headaches later.
Good Luck
Rich/N2ROW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 2/9/05 8:24:41 AM >>>
Good morning Jeff and the group,
I have not had the best of luck
with the Hustler G-6 why do you
not look into something like the
DB-404 if you need a lower end
antenna. It will hold up nice. Or
a mid priced DB-408 more gain
just a bit higher in price. Or for some
real gain the DB-420 all will do better
then the G-6 and all will last a whole
lot longer. Plus real gain and much
better built. I would research the
commercial antennas before spending
money for a Ham grade repeater antenna.
This has been my findings over the years.
Before any one un knowingly says they do not
make them for 440 WRONG! A suppler has
to buy them 50 at a time then stock them till
we buy them (we being us Hams.). So yes
some suppliers do stock and sell the DB-404,
408  and yes even the 420.
Good luck!
Very best of 73,
Russ, W3CH