Yep,

I use a mkIIg turned down as low as it will go, and constantly bring up
Kevin's Mays Hill repeater (KQ3M I think?) from my QTH in Stafford, VA
while trying to access our local machine.  I also seem to open his machine
a lot running mobile from around 40 miles South of Wash. - D.C.  I have run
a path profile, and we do not have "line-of-sight", not even close!!  Must
be ducting or something.  Frequently I hear his at S-7 or more!!

Sorry to be a pest Kevin..

Lots of un-explained things in this world, we just try to live with each
others "contribution".

Mike
K5JMP

At 11:10 AM 02/25/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Bob Dengler wrote:
>
> > At 2/23/2005 03:46 PM, you wrote:
> >

> >>Well it seems that I am told I have to change frequencies, has it
> >>that one of my users interferred with the same troublesome repeater
> >>I've had all along, and now the coordinator says I have to move.
> >>
> >>Not sure how well all the equipment will handle the change. Here is
> >>what I have as equipment, and will it all make it there.  We are
> >>moving from 146.925- to 145.410-, and the expense is the last thing
> >>I needed right now.
> >>

>Don't take this wrong way, but I know we have had a LOT of problems in
>this area with people using high profile base stations (25W or more,
>antenna more than 30-40') to use the local repeater. The user getting
>into the other repeater wasn't something like that, was he? There's
>normally no reason to use more than 10W and no more then 3-6 dB gain at
>20' to work local repeaters. Or maybe a 4-element yagi? I usually use 1W
>and unity gain.
>I remember a friend of mine getting complaints from a repeater abt
>160-170 miles away. He was running one watt into a 3dB gain vertical on
>top of his house-abt 25'. He routinely got into the other repeater...
>
>--
>Jim Barbour
>WD8CHL
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

   Mike Perryman                        Cavell, Mertz & Davis, Inc.
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Consulting Engineers
   http://www.cmdconsulting.com             7839 Ashton Avenue
   K5JMP                                Manassas, VA 20109   USA
   (703) 392-9090; (703) 392-9559 fax;  DC Line (202) 332-0110