Mike,

What frequency are you guys on? How high is your antenna? How long has
this problem been going on?  How often does it happen? What's the call
of your repeater?

There might be an explanation other than intermod. There is one VHF
repeater in metro Atlanta (West) right now that frequently goes spurious
and, while on the actual operating frequency of that repeater during the
failure you can't hear the users (well, maybe very weak and with
sizzling), you can hear that repeater signal with audio sweeping across
other frequencies (other repeater inputs).

73, Tony W4ZT (Union City)