To overcome Jack Gerritsen and his constant jamming of our repeater I
have placed two Kenwood radios on the hill. I interrupted my main UHF
repeaters receiver to the controller with a C.A.T. RLS-1000 3 port
mixer and placed the Kenwood radios on the other two ports. The
Kenwood radios (TM-241 144MHz and TM-331 220MHz) are each splitting
their discriminator audio out of the mic connectors on the radios into
both a TP-3200 Tone panel and a RCL-MOT squelch module. The audio from
the RLC-MOT feeds the RLS-1000 mixer and all works very well. The
repeater users know that when Jack starts in with his [EMAIL PROTECTED] I can
send a close command to the  RLS-1000 to mute the audio coming from
the UHF port and Jack is gone.

Jack has been quit frustrated and so he scans around the bands now
looking for our users on the inputs and finds them and starts back in
on them again. Once the Kenwood radios have been compromised I have to
make another trip to the hill and change the Kenwood radio
frequencies. I want to do this remotely and I don't want to have to
buy another Doug Hall RBI-1.

I think I can use a serial output from my controller (a Linkcomm
RLC-3) to a basic stamp and making the controller think it is
commanding a RBI-1. My problem is that I don't know anything about how
to communicate to the Kenwood radios. Obviously Doug Hall figured it
out but he does not want to share this info with me. I don't blame him
as he would rather sell me another RBI-1 and I don't have the patents
or the equipment to try and decrypt the stream that he is sending from
the RBI-1 to the radios. The folks from C.A.T. also figured it out and
tried to put it into their CAT-700 repeater controller but found a big
conflict with their implementation so the had to abandon it. They
don't want to share any detail either.

Has anyone out here got the answers I am looking for? I have learned
that the Kenwood radio is a typical single band radio with the mic
plugged into it and it works accordingly but when the Kenwood RC-10 or
RC-20 was plugged in the mic connector it supplied a voltage to pin 6
of the mic connector changing the function of the up/down pins in the
mic connector to serial in/out. I need to know what baud rate I need
to send the radio data. I need to know the format that the radio is
expecting. I need to know the parameters that the radio is expecting.

I believe that someone out here has experimented with this
functionality it is way too cool.