At 5/5/2005 09:58 PM, you wrote:
>Steve:
>
>As a matter of fact, I do have tuneup instructions that I got from
>Microwave Associates.
>They are attached.

"Initial tuning of this unit must be done at power levels of 10 watts or
less.  Severe damage can result to untuned units by the application of
power in excess of this limit."

I can see a TX being damaged by excessive reflected power from an untuned
isolator's input, but damage to the isolator?

Reason I bring this up is because when I tune an isolator with a TX, I put
another (already tuned) isolator between the TX & the isolator being tuned
to make sure the latter sees 50 ohms on all ports.  So I don't have to
worry about what the TX sees because it's already isolated, but I also run
~30 watts or so to get a good indication on the Bird using a 50 watt slug.

Bob NO6B