I've used several companies over the past 20+ years, and I've really
only ever found one that I consider garbage. Some people like Jan,
however. ;->

Bomar was the supplier to GE for several years. That's where they bought
all their crystals for the MPI (as well as several other models, I'm
sure).

I've never tried West, although I think I will be placing an order with
them soon.

Good, inexpensive crystals are hard to come by, but I can't say in my
experience the Ferrari of crystals (that would be ICM) perform ANY
better than the Chevys out there. Just stay away from the Yugo mentioned
above.

I have repeaters that have been on the air decades, and some have gone
at least one decade without needing a frequency tweak. I'm sure at least
some of those are using Bomar crystals. Others are using Sentry, Savoy,
ICM, and Bomar (and soon West). I likely forgot someone, too. But none
are using that 'Yugo' manufacturer. I've received more bad crystals from
there than good ones! As always, YMMV.

Joe M.