As an amateur radio operator and 30 year law enforcement
veteran, I agree with you Lance. After blowing up the
photo of the 1995 Caprice displayed on the jars webpage,
I'm somewhat curious to know why the defendant has an
MPH K-55 mobile radar unit mounted on the dash? I'm sure
it's not for chasing DX on 10,525 mHz. Seems to me that
the police and prosecutor are probably on the same page
with this case and the arrestee is trying to play the
"ham card" as a defense.
Frank - WB0QQK

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Captainlance
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
All too true, but being both a ham , and being in Law Enforcement, I
cannot see an officer just giving a ticket for what he perceived as
a " cop car"... this violates basic rights guaranteed to us all.
Perception is not a basis for a violation, it would seem that there
may be parts of the occurrence missing from the story.
Lance N2HBA