Greetings,

I'm curious if anyone has experience paralleling deep cycle batteries
for a repeater backup.  I'm designing a battery disconnect circuit
that will open a relay if it detects over voltage, or if the
batteries discharge to a low voltage threshold.  I'm also going to
liberally fuse everything.  Float voltage will be provided by a
modified Astron 50 Amp supply.

I'm aware of the math to determine backup time and the care and
feeding of lead acid batteries, but I have a concern with paralleling
multiple batteries.  I'm worried that if we have one battery go soft,
it will draw current and eventually boil off its electrolyte or worse,
overheat.

Can anyone relay any real life experiences with this?

Thanks and 73
Goody
K3NG