I got the DTMF controller disconnected, took care of that issue.  I disconnected the pa and the f/d and hooked my service monitor directly to the exciter, and still it does not want to transmit,, but just momentarily.  I adjusted the VCO on the transmitter to the 38 uV like it said to, did not show any other adustments that needed to be made.  Also, when I change the channel selector on the front, it does not seem to make any difference, all channels operate in CSQ.  Is there a procedure to get it to change channels?  Well gotta run, time to go Earn Money Sleeping again.....Still doing the EMS trick 4 nights a week.  Thanks for the help Andy, greatly appreciated.

Mathew

Andy Brinkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Mathew -

IIRC the two beeps indicates an impedance mismatch between the IPA and the prefilter or the PA and the post filter.  Tune both of these and it should work.

Also I did not realize you have the DTMF option, it would be best to unplug it so that you can check the repeater without having it complicating matters.

Andy
NC Certified Firefighter III / Instructor II / EMT-A
FCC Licensed Technician / Amateur Call NC4AB / Echolink Node 5761
http://www.brinkleyelectronics.com

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS