At 05:13 AM 11/13/05, you wrote:

>Sitting here looking at the tune up procedure for the filter, it tells me
>to insert a rf millivoltmeter probe into J18 and insert a 225 mV signal
>into the the output of the post filter.  I did this, and get nothing on
>the meter at all.

It takes a LOT of level to force a signal past a detuned filter.

>Now I'm not sure if there is a difference between my RS Volt-Ohm meter and
>an RF millivoltmeter.

Your RS VOM does have an AC mode, but I'd be surprised
if it responds to frequencies above 100khz.  If it responds to
447MHZ RF at all, I'd be very, very surprised...

An RF millivoltmeter is just that - a meter that reads at RF
frequencies down to the millivolt (and frequently microvolt)
levels.

If you think about it a service monitor and a spectrum analyzer
both have the function as RF millivoltmeters... when you measure
receiver sensitivity you are injecting a low level RF signal into the
receiver, and the RF millivolt / microvolt meter section is reading
the result.

Mike WA6ILQ