At 01:10 AM 11/28/2005 -0000, you wrote:
>WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS DIRECTION OF HOW OTHERS DID THIS. the radios
>are 30+ years old so i can't believe that i am the first to think of
>using the higer quality tube equipment. this equipment is very
>expensive and i was fortunate to have it donated to the non-profit
>group i am working with.

<----You are working under several misnomers.

1) Old, tube-type radios such as the GGV and GGT series are NOT expensive.
In many cases, if you had a some laying around, you'd be lucky to find
someone to take them without charging you to do so.

2) While audio purists do tend to prefer tube for "hi fidelity" uses, that
truism in non-sequitur to RF applications, particularly NBFM applications.

3) As the saying goes, you can't change the laws of physics.

My suggestion, as someone who has built repeaters from Motorola strips
(Sensicon A's anyone?) is it simply isn't worth it these days. Modern
radios are FAR FAR superior in just about everyway to those older G strips.

Ken