On Dec 1, 2005, at 12:18 AM, Eric Lemmon wrote:
> I don't think you need to employ a simplex repeater in this case.
> They are
> great for allowing users to hear how they sound to others, but they
> quickly
> become annoying to use.  In some emergency situations, I can see a
> simplex
> repeater being used on 2m, but only as a last resort.  I have a
> Zetron 19B
> "Simplexor" which I use for site testing, but it is no longer made,
> and the
> other units are either far more expensive (being tactical
> communication
> bridges) or woefully low in audio quality and features (Radio Shack).

Eric -

Thanks for your comments.  I looked at the product sheets for the
Zetron 735 abd 748 controllers that have more features than I'd need
The Model 19B sounds like what I'd like for handling short emergency
messages.  Did any company other than Zetron make a similar product?

Paul Yonge
Syracuse NY