I just installed CentOS on my laptop the other day and had the opportunity to try gaim. I cannot say enough good things about it! I was so happy not to see the damn ads in the top of my buddy list. It's just what an IM client should be!!!

Chris
N9XCR

STeve Andre' wrote:

Heh. I have to agree. For those who aren't computer nerds,
Outlook (and IE) are truly dangerous problems, fraught with
problems and security holes. Yes, they look nice, but they're
as unsecure as they are nice to the end user.

Everyone is encouraged to look at Eudora and Thunderbird
for email, and Firefox for web browsing. Eudora is commercial,
but there is a free version which is great, and Firefox/Thunderbird
are open-source programs which you can freely and legally give
to all your friends.

Please consider using them; they make using Windows less of a
security horror.

Oh, and if you use instant messenger software, try gaim. It
speaks all the popular protocols (yahoo, icq, msn...) and is a
lot safer security wise. Google for those terms and you'll
find out where to get them. If anyone has questions send
me private mail and I'll help. It's important that people stop
using dangerous software.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf en82