At 08:25 AM 3/23/2007, you wrote:

>Going back into history... I'm told the original RCA style connector
>is one of the better early rf connectors. Heathkit used to drive hams
>crazy with it... but it is/was the better animal.

<---Everyone from Motorola to GE to Marconi used RCA plugs/jacks in
lower power RF applications -  all the way up through UHF.

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of the world famous RC210 Repeater Controller and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Coming soon - the most advanced repeater controller EVER.
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net