At 04:38 PM 04/15/07, you wrote:
>A little bit off-topic perhaps but perhaps not.  What brand and model label
>makers are
>preferred by those that label their wiring?  I would prefer something
>inexpensive as it
>wouldn't see much use once the cables and wiring is labeled.
>
>73 de Jack  -  N7OO

The cheapest thing in the world, and one that nobody ever thinks of is
leftover bread bag clips.  I take a bit of MEK and wipe off the ink,
then use a ultra-fine-point Sharpie to write on the tag. Then I clip the
tag onto the end of the cable.  The hole in the common tag snaps
around an RG-58-size cable just fine, and a pair of small dikes can
enlarge that to anything up to RG-8 size easily.

My alternate way is to use masking tape and a regular Sharpie
until the system wiring is finished, then go back and use a Brother
P-Touch to make the permanent labels.  As expensive as the
Brother material is I use the masking tape until I'm sure that it
won't change.

Mike