In a message dated 4/25/2007 9:07:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

But I just purchased a VHF Astro Saber on Ebay for under $350... 255 channel,
6w, P25 and analog. I have purchased UHF Astro sabers for under $125 shopping
around.

Be very careful when purchasing any Motorola ASTRO product. A lot of the
surplus stuff hitting the market is not IMBE but older (proprietary) VSELP
modulation and some are flashed for analog only. Since VSELP is not an open
standard
the popular opinion is it's not legal on the HAM bands much like AEGIS and
Pro-Voice offerings from Ma-Com. The only to tell is check the flashcode. If
the
seller cant provide the flashcode
I would not consider it.

Chris