VSLEP, AEGIS and Pro-Voice aren't any different than D-Star is at this
point and can be used just as any other digital mode on the ham bands.
You just have to have another radio programmed for that protocol to
receive it.  Under that logic, the AOR Digital voice units should not
be used on the ham bands because they only work with other AOR units
(not an open standard).

And might I suggest we move this discussion to the P25 amateur group
and return this group back to talking about repeaters?  i will be more
than happy to continue this discussion over there.

Dan
KA8YPY