We do that on our VHF and UHF systems- We have a two-tone page sequence in a
macro and users with moto, kenwood, etc radios, and I suppose if you had a
pager, can program the QuickCall into their radios. We use it for alerting when
skywarn activity takes place.

  I leave a GP-300 on the counter at home set to a channel with that programmed
so the wife does not have to listen to regular chitter-chatter, but when we
start spotting activities the tone sequence makes the radio beep and opens up
the reciever for her to hear what's going on. When it's over she pushes the
little gray button and it resets the radio back to standby until the next page.
I would assume the right pager can be programmed that way too. We use S-com 7K
controllers and its simple to set up- pick two frequencies and durations and
program away!

  Tom
  W9SRV

Christopher Hodgdon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  As I have stated before, our ARES program is in the process of setting
up a repeater for our emergency communications throughout our county.
It will also be an open repeater when not in use for emergency
communications.

What I need to know and can have some help on is the following,

Does anyone out there that is using their repeater to support
emergency operations, have it setup to also send out a page to pagers
that emergency operators may have.

Here is what we want to do, we wish to obtain some 2 meter voice
pagers, Minitors or similar, like those used by most volunteer fire
departments, and set them to receive on the same frequency as our
repeater, when they receive a proper 2 tone signal from the repeater.

We wish to do this so that we do not have to obtain a seperate
frequency just for our pagers, plus some members are not hams, but
they would be able to monitor communications during a disaster. I
have been told that we can reset such pagers to work on the frequency
that we have been coordinated.

We are interested in having such a setup, but need to know if anyone
else is doing it? If so, how are you sending the tones for the pager
and such. If someone has a "white" paper on their setup or a detailed
'instruction manual' on your setup and how you designed and operate
it, that would be great. In fact if someone has that and is willing,
we would like to use it to publish a story on our ARES site, about
such group that is using it and that we are trying to add it to our system

Yahoo! Groups Links

Bored stiff? Loosen up...