If the duplexer is correctly tuned, there will be NO measurable SWR into it. If
you have 25/60 watts, it is way off frequency.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: dallasreact112
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 7:16 PM
  Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Duplexers

  Anyone one know what to expect SWR wise with a duplexer?
  I have a DB products 2 meter duplexer on an amateur repeater.
  Measuring with a Bird wattmeter between the duplexer and antenna I
  read 50W forward and a couple watts reverse. That is ok. But when I
  check between the transmitter and the TX port on the duplexer I get a
  about 60 W forward and 25W reverse power. Is there a rule fo thumb for
  a known good SWR value thru a duplexer? Should a good duplexer introduce
  any significant SWR?

  Thanks

  Bernie Parker

  K5BP