Gary,

I've measured RG59 cable terminated into a 75 Ohm resistive load with a
variable freq impedance meter.  We found the coax stopped being 75 Ohms below
about 0.5 MHz. The cable manufacture also verified this.  Other engineers in
our department knew of this as well.

We were designing security systems using video and the vertical and harizonal
sync signals became very distored over long, 2500 ft. RG59 cables and this was
the major reason.  We had to design circuits that corrected this, but the cable
had the problem.

I am sure different RG59 cables have different low freq bandwidths.  RG11 would
also be different as well as cable TV cable.

All coax has a lower and upper frequency range.  Since we deal with radio this
is not much of a factor until one gets real low or GHz levels.

Coax also has the problem of a upper freq limit due to it's outer shield
becomes large enough to act as wave guide.  One will see upper freq specs will
be lower  the larger cable.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Gary Schafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2007/08/29 Wed PM 09:23:57 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: RE: RE: Re: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexers

>As far as bandwidth goes,,, where do you get this .5 MHz for rg59 cable as a
>lower limit?
>
>Open wire lines begin to radiate as frequency is increased to the point
>where the line spacing becomes an appreciable portion of a wave length due
>to the time it takes for propagation of fields between wires.
>
>73
>Gary  K4FMX

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575