  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 12:54 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexer input and output power

  Ya, duplexers will have insertion loss.  Typically you get more insertion
loss with more rejection, so its a balancing act.

  Insertion loss can range from .1 dB (very good) to 3 dB.

  Typically if I can get a duplexer to less than a dB I'm happy.

  Insertion loss (dB) = 10 log ( PIN / POUT )

  So Pout = Pin x 10^(Insertion Loss/10)

  So for 50 Watts:

  .1 dB = 48.9 Watts
  .3 = 46.7