>Adding or removing cable lengths between the transmitter and duplexer also
>does not change the VSWR as seen by the transmitter (minimal cable loss
>effects notwithstanding).
>
>                                       --- Jeff

True but only if everything (tx out, cable and duplexer) is matched Z.

If duplexer in and tx output are not exactly the same then adding or
subtracting cable lengths can change the vswr the tx sees.

I have seen this in real life, I do not have a network anylizer so I can not be
sure what was happening but to make the tx happy some cable was added until the
reflected power was minimized and the desense went away like magic.

I think the manual that came with my Wacom duplexer talks about this phenomena.

tom