On Sep 26, 2007, at 10:26 AM, skipp025 wrote:

> People can have callsigns not yet available in the QRZ & FCC database,
> but after a time they should show up... otherwise a simple phone call
> can track down the information. You can also reverse name search
> people to a ham call that might be their former ticket/call.

QRZ I could believe, but since the FCC's DB is what drives the paper
that shows up...?

Not sure that's valid anymore... maybe back when the DB was a
secondary thing and the paper was King... but today, if it's not in
the DB, I'd really doubt that it's a valid call.

Especially since the FCC is fine with Amateurs who are waiting on new
licenses to start operating as soon as they see their callsign show
up in the DB, but before they've received the paper copy... print a
copy for reference and fire up the rig...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X