From: Ron Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: [Bulk] RE: [Repeater-Builder] RAIN Report: D-STAR Repeater
Trustee,  K6B

> Band plans have 2 requirements...FCC part 97 and gentlemens agreements.  The
latter has no legal basis.

> on 2 m repeaters can by FCC 97 use 144.5-145.5 and 146-148.  The gentlemens
agreement may make some freqs simplex or for repeater operation, but still one
can use for repeaters.  Simplex is use so little in many areas and 146.52 and
maybe a few others in most areas might be used, but are perfectly legal for
repeater use.

> It looks as if the 146.400/147.435 would be acceptable by most and certainly
by FCC 97.  If it works for the community it is in it is for the better.

> 73, ron, n9ee/r
>

> >From: Nate Duehr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Date: 2007/10/13 Sat PM 11:17:19 CDT
> >To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
> >Subject: Re: [Bulk] RE: [Repeater-Builder] RAIN Report: D-STAR Repeater
Trustee,  K6BIV, Responds to NFCC Letter to the FCC