Depending on the type of Dallas chip you can add an
external battery to them.  There are instructions on how
to do it on the internet.  I ran across them when looking
for a way to fix a problem I was having with the bios on a
Sun server.  A little search on Google might bring you
some instructions.

Vern
KI4ONW