  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 12:23 AM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 222 Mhz

  At 11/6/2007 15:04, you wrote:

  >If you're the type of person who enjoys doing things from the
  >ground up... then the conversions and kits are the way to go if
  >you have the test equipment to get the show on the road once it's
  >built. Otherwise you might consider a turn-key repeater from
  >the Repeater Builder folks, Hamtronics or Maggiore.
  >
  >I would not suggest you go with the Midland 13-509 conversion
  >because after all the work is done... the receiver is just not
  >the best performer.

  I completely disagree. I've built a couple of 13-509 systems & continue to
  service a couple of others. Given what it is, it performs exceptionally
  well. I have one literally sitting in the middle of downtown LA @ 1000 ft.
  AMSL with nothing but a notch duplexer between the RX & the antenna, & it
  hears quite well with no IMD.

  Bob NO6B