Has anyone on the list adapted a modern controller for frequency-shift keying?

I'm brainstorming options for an IRLP node. I have an Scom 7K. I'd like to
experiment with using FSK IDs to keep them inaudible for FM users, but legal,
during in-band downlinking. This will require keying a DC voltage for insertion
at the appropriate point in the transmitter.

Macros to "key" a logic output might work, but would tie up execution of other
commands. A separate hardware keyer, enabled by a logic output, would also
work, but that's more parts.

I'd like to be able to turn FSK IDs off when not needed, and avoid hacking up
the controller. Any thoughts?

73,
Paul, AE4KR