-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mike Pugh
Sent: 17 December 2007 05:19
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Remote power monitoring

Mike Besemer (WM4B) wrote:
> Eric,
>
> In a perfect world, I’d love to both hear specific values AND be alerted
> if values drifted out-of-bounds.  The idea of remote monitoring came
> about because we have several users who swear ‘the repeater is weak
> today’, but whenever I go check it, inevitably it’s just fine.  I’d love
> to be able to punch up the forward and reflected power when one of these
> jokers catches me on the air, just to show them that nothing has
> changed.  (Of course, that still wouldn’t convince them… but at least
> I’d get a laugh… AND some piece of mind that everything was okay.)

Why spend the money? Just wrote a macro that, when called, says
something like "75 watts forward, 1 watt reflected" Then you can say,
"see it's all in your head".

I knew a guy years ago that ran a repeater who's users wanted an
autopatch on the repeater. He rigged up a macro that sent a dial tone,
followed by a busy signal when accessed. The users never knew the
difference! Just an idea... 73 :-) Mike KA4MKG

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: