-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doug Dickinson
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 10:20 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Stop the Madness

I still don't understand why people object to two repeaters - properly
designed - cannot share the same channel? With separate PL tones and limited
hand time, they can complement each other.

The use of a coordinator that "assigns" a channel based on antiquated
criteria is still providing exclusive use of a channel to an amateur
repeater. As such, I think it could be challenged.

In reality, two properly designed and implemented repeaters with PL tones
can share the same electromagnetic space and live nicely together - they
just get used one at a time based on the initiator's communications need at
that time.

IMHO
Doug
KC0SDQ