To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:13 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] The emails we get at repeater-builder....

The authors and webmasters at repeater-builder
get some STRANGE emails...

It seems that way too many people skim an article
and then immediately email the author asking him
to do all the work, even when all the info is in the
article.

Then there are those that don't even read the articles.

Other times we just get weird emails....  like this one:

The repeater at work has a problem hearing the
walkie talkies (it's at a shopping mall). The antenna
cable was damaged and the guys at Radio Shack
gave us some new stuff so I know it's good. The unit
says Motorola M100 and GM300 on the front.
Will a preamp help?   Is this one any good?

<http://www.alltronics.com/cgi-bin/item/25A001/35/RF%2DPreamplifier%2DModule>

Sigh.....  I answered back and told them to get with a
good local 2-way shop, that it was impossible to diagnose
from across the country.

(click on the link and look at it - it's obviously intended for
a scanner.  The $2 suggests that there probably isn't
much there...)

Mike WA6ILQ