Back around 1978 or 1979 we installed a UHF system at work and the two
control station installations used 50-ohm, 1/2", smooth aluminum hardline.
Both installations are still in place and still work like the day they were
installed. Just sharing an observation. In fact, one of the control stations
is the original GE Custom MVP we started with.

Several years down the road, we replaced the repeater (at a third location)
and everything inside the repeater shack was re-done. Unknowingly, a
factory-made jumper with LMR400 was used between the duplexer and the
Polyphaser. Yep, trouble soon followed. The jumper was replaced with one of
1/4" heliax. Problem solved.

But this issue in general will never resolve. It's like arguing which make
of car is better. Everyone has their own opinion and stands buy it... at
least for a while.

Chuck
WB2EDV