Ken & Co

I'd like to put my hat in the ring here..

Back in the 90's a Diamond 23A 2M antenna was at 5000' for 10 years
before it was replaced. It stood off the SE corner of a 300 meter national
transmitter tower at about the 30M section, and serviced a vast area of
country.
The tower was on top of the coastal range in North Queensland. The prevailing
SE
weather was a constant worry for the tower repair crew, and often salt crystal
could be found in dry weather.
When the antenna was removed from the site, it was very evident that one side
of
the radome was more opaque than the other, which was put down to the SE weather.
The gland "O" rings had completely broken down into black powder, and about 5
ounces of water was drained from the radome.
It went back into service on a packet BBS at sea level for many years there-
after, having been recoated and a hole in the base to drain any condensation.
If I recall correctly, the collinear solder joints were silver soldered before
it was delivered to the tower crew.

John