>From my 15+ years experience with emergency comm here 90% of those who show up
>to help NEVER come to meetings.  How you going to put them in a training
>class?  You are not.

Also I can train Hams on a radio right down to the nitty griddy details and 2
years later when they come in for a real operation they will swear they have
never seen the radio, hi.

The process is to set up the rigs so all one has to do is turn on, set to
memory 1, 2 or 3 (which given on a well displayed info sheet), pick up the mike
and communicate.  Hams do a pretty good job of talking.

If there are complex issues one needs a central one, two or three person
"expert" on the equipment.

The Military has done this for decades.  A troop can go from CA to TN and
operate the rigs in the TOC.  The tactics will differ, but the radios are not
the problem.  We should strive for this simplicity in Ham emergency commo.

73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS