My experience is with the CAT-300 controllers, but I have found that if the
level to the DTMF decoder is set too high, it is a lot more prone to falsing
and covering a transmission with the cover tone.  I have found that female
voices gave the most problem.  Reducing the level to the DTMF decoder in the
controller cleared this up for me.

73 - Jim  W5ZIT

"Tony L." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                             The DTMF
muting feature on one of our CAT-1000 controllers occasionally
 falses and sends cover tone over a user's voice.  This happens to one
 user more so than anyone else.

 Is there an adjustment?  Why does this happen on only one of 3 idential
 controllers?

 Thanks.