> Actually, I wouldn't be too concerned about the condition of the rest
> of the station.

You might not be, and I would not be concerned if I had the station or was
considering it.  I do not know what the original poster's level of
experience is, thus my comment.  If I was looking at this station I would
see a good supply of spare parts, and/or a possible conversion to 220 since
it reportedly has a high range transmitter.  I would not consider this
station a good candidate for a first time project.  With no channel elements
and a high split radio it will be hard to determine if the station has any
problems BEFORE an attempt is made to change frequency.  Simply grabbing a
set of elements and restuffing them is a sure way to add to your overall
level of frustration/stress.

If I were going to try to do anything with this unit I would want to find a
set of channel elements in the high range.  I would then attempt to get the
station working in the range that it was built for.  Find and if possible
fix any issues that are present.  Determine what is needed to convert to the
lower range.  THEN AND ONLY THEN would I attempt to change the frequency of
the radio.  No, changing the frequency range in which the radio operates is
not rocket science, it simply takes a service manual, proper test equipment,
time, parts, patience, an understanding of what is going on, and a
willingness to learn.

Now back to repeater-building.

MIlt
N3LTQ