Coating, painting, etc of antenna elements has always been in question.  Some
don't like using insulated wire for HF dipoles although think this has long
been resolved and is no problem.  I am sure depends on the insulation.

I would think a substance that is ok for joints would be ok for the antenna
elements, but since dealing with different thing here still is of concern.

Wonder if anyone has made a fiberglass radom for something like the DB224.
Would be big if wanted to allow the full arrangement of the elements, but good
idea.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/05/04 Sun AM 06:53:49 CDT
>To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: antenna question - Dip It and Scotch Kote

>Boy, you took a gamble. I'd have been afraid that this action could have
>either messed up the VSWR or shifted the resonant point of the antenna. Then
>again, maybe it did and either you don't know that or it wasn't significant.
>
>Chuck
>WB2EDV

>>> Robert
>>> KD4YDC