if you are using the same wires from the cans to the tees, about all I
can suggest is maybe retuning the duplexers while connected to the antenna.
  Also check and recheck each section of cable between the cans, etc...
  Not saying this will be the answer, but at this point you seem to have
little to lose by trying it.

  Wayne WA2YNE

On Thu, 08 May 2008 09:50:27 -0500, blisswheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've run into a problem that baffles me.
>
> I have two sets of WACOM WP-641 4 can Duplexers. They have been tuned
> to TX on 146.96 mHz and RX on 146.36.  One set was tuned in a
> Professional Lab, the other I tuned myself.  They tune very well with
> excellent rejection ~90db.  When I duplex into a dummy load running
> 100W, I can inject a signal with an iso-tee and there is vertually
> zero desense to the receiver.  When I hook it to an antenna it
> instantly experiences 30db of receiver desense. I can lower the power
> to 3 watts or less and still have 20db desense. I have a GE Mastr II
> repeater, but I've used a separate Transmitter and receiver and
> experience the same results.
>
> I'm using double shielded RG214 for testing. I've also used 1/2"
> heliax for testing from the duplexer to the antenna.  I've used 3
> different antennas.  2 different colinear and a j-pole. The antennas
> all have less than a watt reflected out of 65W forward.  I've used
> separate antennas on the TX and RX Cans with the same results.  When I
> terminate either TX or RX into the dummy load the desense disappears.
>  It appears that when the reactive component is introduced everything
> goes to pot.
>
> It doesn't make any sense to me.  Any Ideas?  I'm stumpted.. :-(
>
> Thanks,
> Bliss

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional