Paul Plack wrote:

> You're probably right on the money part.
>
> In my admittedly limited experience, (four states, three different
> coordinators,) one of the perks of being elected to some coordinating
> bodies seems to be grabbing available pairs out of turn when they open
> and/or putting paper repeaters on them. If the coordinator wasn't a ham,
> that couldn't happen.

Sure it could.  Money talks.

Not saying I would stoop that low, but there are plenty who would.  And
anyone who's done business outside of 1st world countries knows this also.

I watched a successful privately-owned U.S. company who needed
warehouses built in Mexico to continue their growth, go under because
while they were trying to set up to go public and always play by the
U.S. rules, they couldn't figure out a way to get out of having to pay
bribes in Mexico to government officials to get "paperwork" to complete
construction.  They couldn't figure out how to account for it and play
the game, and the construction stopped, costs mounted, and they went
bye-bye.

The current system works fairly well in most places.  Transitioning to a
"pay to play" system isn't the answer to the problems.

Nate WY0X