--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Dobbins"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'd like to build the NHRC-2 repeater controller, I have all the
parts
> except for a PC board, before I try and do my own board, is the
mask to
> make your own anywhere? I'd do the kit from NHRC but I already got
all
> the parts I need in stock vs getting the parts in the kit.I dunno
if
> the board is available by itself or not. If I can't find it I
figure
> I'd do one up from the schematics for what I need. Trying to get a
> backup controller for our 146 repeater and a new controller for our
440
> repeater built. Thanks for any info or assistance.
>
> Keith Dobbins KC8RFW
> Repeater Technician
> W8TAP Repeater Group
> Parkersburg, WV 26101

Thanks for all the good information. I'll be contacting NHRC direct
to purchase a couple boards for the project. Also going to be
ordering a kit from ICS to play around with. Part of the goal of our
repeater group is a learning process. I'm using the kits to teach
others in the group about the controllers and good soldering
techniques so not really looking for an asembled and working
controller for that as we have 2 ACC RC-96 controllers for the
primary repeater functions. Also the guys in the group are looking
for some inexpensive options for small linking controllers for
portable repeaters that they can use for field day and for disaster
type responses that are simple, small, and don't use alot of power or
have lots of bells and whistles but just the meat and potatos of what
is needed and the NHRC seem to fit the bill. I'll check out the ICS
as well just to have something different to play around with. Again,
thanks everyone for the help and guidence!! This group is a great
place to find out information.

Keith Dobbins KC8RFW