Hello Ron,

The audio emphasis for FM is a different issue.   When I put the
discriminator output from the Mastr II receiver on a analyzer you can
clearly see a spike way out at 455khz which I believe is the IF
frequency in the receiver.

This controller has a auto-squelch feature (it does not use a COS/RUS
line at all) and it listens for the presence of high-frequency noise
coming off of the receiver to control the squelch.   When a nice, full
quieting FM signal shows up the high frequency noise goes away and the
controller will detect this and kick on the transmitter.

This detection circuit is behaving poorly on the Mastr II because this
strong 455khz component is throwing it off and making it shut down the
squelch because it thinks there's a lot of high-frequency noise even
when the signal is actually full quieting.

Running the audio through a 10 mH inductor tied to a 1000pf cap to
ground should cause it to roll off the very high audio frequency and
solve the problem.... but here's what I run into trouble, there's
thousands of parts out there that say "10 mH inductor" so I'm over my
electronics head now!

Thanks,

Mark Hagler
W7WMH Seattle