  From: Nate Duehr
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 455khz filter for Mastr II discriminator
audio

  Willis M. Hagler wrote:

  > Well, I don't have many answers for you. I am new in this field and
  > trying to learn and am sharing what I have heard from others who claim
  > to have had this problem with a Mastr II. The gentleman at Pacific
  > Research who manufactures the controller has write up on this in their
  > manual but since I'm not the expert here I'm unable to tell if it's
  > not applicable to the Mastr II without asking the question.

  Sitting here scratching my head... PR usually does good engineering
  work, but I'd have to agree with someone else's recent comment.

  If their squelch circuit even looks at 455 KHz at all, I don't think I'd
  use their squelch... you've probably done the right thing using a real
  squelch line from the rig to "fix" the problem you were experiencing.

  Why would a squelch care about noise that's so high in the spectrum it's
  RF????

  You don't mean 455 *Hz*, do you? Even then... that's also a sucky place
  to look for receiver noise.

  Something's wrong there...

  Nate WY0X