anoounce what we had too.  This was about 8 years ago.  I am not even sure the
station still runs and if it does did it go to a big conglomerate now.

Scott Berry

Email:  sberry at northlc.com

Ham Call sign:  N7ZIB

  _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Gary Glaenzer
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:34 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Simulating a weather alert

Ron and all;

I wouldn't call it 'don't want the responsibility' so much as 'stretched so
thin with limited personnel running multiple stations that it's not possible'.

When we end up with 2-3 people running a 'cluster 'of anywhere from 4-7
stations, there simply is not enough time between recording commercials,
entering new music into the systems, cutting 'voice tracks', answering the
phone, and so on; to deal with what can become a very time-consuming problem.

Most broadcasters that I know, especially those of us that started out back in
the late 60's-early 70's, remember how important it was to our listeners to get
emergency information on the air as quickly as possible back in 'the old days'.

Most stations had a 'Weather Plan', stationing personnel in spots to look for
approaching storms, and reporting back by land-line phone or Remote Pick-up
frequencies.

These days, Big Corporate Radio has consolidated studios and cut personnel to
where that kind of committment is no longer possible.

So we end up re-broadcasting what the NWS sends us and hope it is good enough.

Just my $ 0.02, feel free to fire away.

Regards,

Gary in IL (62650)