> That is true for band pass filters but in the case of a
> duplexer the filters are usually notch type (or pass/notch).

In some but not all cases. I have a few shelves full of
band-pass only mode duplexers and they have their very
useful applications.

> So the more notch type cans there are the wider the notch
> will be at some given frequency.

Not sure if I buy the above statement as in-stone fact.

> Note that the pass response of a band pass / reject type
> duplexer is very wide to start with.

Doesn't have to be... it directly depends on the Q of the
cavities and how the duplexer is designed and set up.

cheers,
s.