No room for Superflex in the repeater cabinet, and the RG-214 is MILSPEC,
which is silver shield.

Mike

WM4B

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laryn Lohman
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:23 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: Duplexer Tuning / Desense

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:Repeater-Builder%40yahoogroups.com> , Jim Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Mike, that RG-8X is the first thing I would get rid of. It is
typically only %95 covered in shield braid, and that is a path for a
lot of leakage.

> The rule of thumb in the whole repeater cabinet is double shielded
RG-214 or RG-142. That takes away a lot of paths for leakage to
bypass your duplexer.

And I would add to the rule of thumb that the cable MUST be *silver*
plated braid, which much or most of RG214 brands and probably all of
RG142 is composed of. Or, my favorite is 1/4" Superflex, solid copper
shield.

Laryn K8TVZ

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>