-----Original Message-----
From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of KD4PBC
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 9:47 AM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Re: TPN1132A Wireup help and questions

WOW !

I'm sorry but I feel that I must chime in on this project.
First you wanted to find out how to hook up and power supply on a repeater
that you know nothing about
Except that that it has a 330 watt amp.
Now you think that you know how to hook up the power on a still unidentified
repeater that has now a "KW" amp.

That said. Sounds like you have a Motorola Micor. Look at anything that has
a frequency exciter, PA receiver...
 If the part number is like TLB-3130 then the "B" leans low band 27 -50MHz
if the "B" was a "C" then that would be
Mid band 72-75 MHz (never seen High power but there is always SP) if it was
"D" then VHF High band 150-170 MHz
If it was "E" UHF somewhere from 406-512 MHz and finally if it was "F" then
806-960 MHz .

Now that you may have a better understanding of what you are dealing with
but should have been able to figure out with the manual.

Let me say that you have no business working on this monster yourself. This
may be all new to you and Ham radio is all about learning .
But you have to live through it to learn.

There are several points in the Micors that can kill you starting with the
line voltage.

Micors are old I know this because I worked on one of the 1st ones that was
made in 68 I think.
Because of that there are a lot of us old guys out there that are willing to
help.
Find one of us. We will help, we will make sure that you don't kill
yourself, we will teach you.

If you can't find one of us to come over and help have a friend come over
and just keep an eye on you.
Tell him what to unplug and who to call if something does happen.

Then have fun.

The low voltage power supply goes under the hi voltage supply in the rack.
There are some yellow and blue wires that connect the low voltage side of
the transformer on the hi voltage supply
To the rectifiers, filters and, regulators for the IPA 12Volt, the Audio 12
Volt and the 9.6 Volt for the channel element.

The harness should be in one piece and just plug into various places.
If the harness has been cut then I may be able to get you one depending on
the band.

There are some mods to the PA that will make the tubes last forever we will
get to those.
You most likely will not need to do anything to the PA depending on where
you are in the Ham band 145 MHz I'm unsure I have been down to 146.940.
Again pending final outcome of what it is you have.

Mathew SAFETY FIRST. There is a lot of knowledge on this board but not even
the smartest person can save you life via email.

Good luck,
Robert / KD4PBC