When You say you're hearing a "buzz" in the background indicates to
me either severe line noise or, more likely, TV video from some high
power station TV transmitter. Try a substitute simple home made
ground plane antenna to rule out intermod generated from the antenna.
If noise is still present, you probably have to add a bandpass cavity
between your receiver and the duplexer Rx port to kill out of band
strong signals. Most duplexers don't have good out of band rejection
curves, usually only down -20 to -30 dB. Next thing to add would be a
circulator between your TX output and the duplexer Tx port. I know
these will add $$$ to your project, but in today's high noise RF
environments, they are almost always a necessity. YMMV.

73's, George